Thursday, June 10, 2010

wedded bliss


Today I have been happily married for 4 years!
My wonderful husband surprised me by pretending to leave for work at his usual time, 4:15 am and then coming back a while later with a big vanilla latte for me. My hardworking husband works 60-70 hour work weeks so getting him home for a whole day is basically a miracle. I thought I'd share a few of my favorite wedding memories with you today, but I have to hurry we have a whole day of fun planned and I still have to make our special miniature wedding cake. I have made it every year and when we got married I even submitted the recipe to my baker and made her promise to use it.


Chocolate Orange Wedding cake:
Follow your favorite recipe for chocolate cake but substitute Orange juice for the water portion and replace 1/2 of the oil with sour cream. bake according to directions and allow to cool completely.
Melt 1 regular bag of extra high quality choc chips with 1 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream and mix until smooth. Sorry it's not exact I always eyeball it. then add a few drop of good quality pure orange extract. pour ganache over cake and enjoy with your beloved.
well I gotta run but here is some eye candy from our wedding day thanks to our amazing photographer and best friend Ray mason. except for the first one that is just one of my all time favorite pictures of =my husband and yes, I did do that to him...

My daddy walking me down the train tracks to the spot on the upper sacramento river where we got married

This is where we said "I do and I will forever"

this still make my heart skip a beat

this is when he put my ring on my finger



now I'm gonna go get me some of these


Peace and chocolate cake

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You had probably one of the coolest weddings I have ever seen, beautiful! A mini wedding cake is such a fantastic and romantic tradition, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! and I forgot that I usually add grand Marnier to the ganache!

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...