Friday, March 4, 2011

Lemon Ginger Sorbet love


Just like pretty much every other human I know, our family has just gone through the worst colds we have ever had. Honestly I don't think I left my house for a whole week. The other night while sipping my favorite hot lemon, ginger and honey elixir I started scheming on a tasty frozen treat of the same nature. 
Hot tea is great but an icy concoction would be even more soothing on my very sore throat. 
Heres where my fantastic ice cream maker swooped in to save the day

Making the sorbet was super easy, all I did was heat some grated ginger root (1 tbsp), honey (1/3 c.), lemon zest (1 tsp) and water (2 c.) in a small saucepan until it had reduced to a syrup. 
While the mixture was still hot I mixed in juice from 2 lemons and let the whole mixture chill in the fridge for a while.
Then I whipped out my ice cream maker and sent the whole thing for a spin.
20 minutes later I had the most refreshing sorbet I've ever eaten.
The absolute best part is that half way through my ice creaming I added some extra honey, only my honey has begun to crystallize in my pantry. I thought the crystallized honey would be an interesting texture for the sorbet but mostly I just didn't feel like turning it back into a syrupy honey.  
The little honey crystals became crunchy little bits in the sorbet. Amazing! seriously!
When I make this again, and I will, 
I plan on making a brandy honey caramel to drizzle over the top. Enjoy!



Peace grab a spoon!


3 comments:

  1. Wow this looks scrumptious! I will have to try it, I just got a cuisinart ice cream maker, and I am always looking for new fun things to make. I am your newest follower, and would love for you to follow back, if you would like. Thanks for sharing.

    Carlee,
    ladybirdln.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds delicious and oh so refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this looks soo yummy! I will be making this soon.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...