Thursday, August 11, 2011

Shut the front door...





Last week while driving up to my house I decided I'd had enough. My deep red door was bringing me down and had to go. Now, don't get me wrong, I love a classic red door, but I was just tired of seeing red everytime I walked through my door.




The door had been painted by the previous owners and could have used a few more coats when they did it. Combine that with the fact that it was dingy and scratched up it was neigh time for a fresh coat. So out came the swatches and the strange looks from the neighbors as I sat on the curb staring at my front door covered in little squares of color.

 In the end I went with  Bennie Moore's Mountain Laurel.




Here's my handy tip for keeping the rim of your paint can tidy while you paint

Then you can just dip and wipe on the band instead of the edge!




2 coats later I had a fresh and fun new door. I need to do a bit of plant trimming/re-arranging out here, but the color sure is fun!

I love the way the color goes with the greige walls and charcoal trim, plus it really makes the hardware pop. 
Honestly the color did look a bit darker on the paint chip and I would have liked to have it be a bit darker but      
I am really happy with the color as it is. I was a bit worried what my older neighbors would say, but just a few days ago I got a phone call from one of them just to tell me how much they loved the new color! You know you live in a boring quiet neighborhood when your door is the topic of neighborly conversation!

& Picky Neighbors!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new colour, looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, it's been a little too long since I popped over here! Your new layout is GORGEOUS! WOW! And I love the door re-paint; it is fabulous. Seriously, if I ever build a dream house, I'm hiring you to consult me on all the design aspects :)

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...